The webinar is scheduled on 17 November 2023 at 15:00-16:00 CET (14:00-15:00 UTC).
Please follow this link and enter your details to register for the Teams Webinar: Registration Link
The webinar will be hosted by CEMS-COMP and aims to cover topics relating to the latest major EFAS release, launched at the end of September 2023, including:
- Change in the spatial resolution of the system, from 5km (up to EFASV4) to ~1.4km (1arcmin/0.0167 degrees) and extension to the modelling domain
- Reporting points highlighted for catchments from 150km2 (instead of 500km2 until EFASv4) anywhere on the domain
- Major improvements in the hydrological modelling, including new processes and new calibration, with regionalised parameters in ungauged catchments
- Enhanced flood inundation forecasts with hazard maps now at 90m resolution (instead of 100 m)
- Enhanced hydrological post-processing products, with information on local threshold exceedance
The webinar will be recorded for training purposes and some material made available afterward. We also take this opportunity to remind users that all previous webinars are available on the EFAS website: https://www.efas.eu/en/webinars. This webinar is open to all those who are interested in EFAS: please feel free to spread the news!
The CEMS-Flood team fosters the collaboration with EFAS partners throughout the year. We are currently collecting feedback on the developments to EFAS Post-processed forecasts: please use this link https://forms.gle/DRUg178G2U4kR4rF9 to share your opinion (the survey will close on 30th November 2023). This survey is expected to take 5 minutes and the feedback you provide will be used to finalise the updates to the EFAS Post-processed forecasts. Please share this survey with your colleagues who also use the EFAS forecasts.
For any other questions or feedback (including suggestions for topics to be covered in the November webinar), please contact us via this form: https://www.efas.eu/en/form/feedback. The contact form can also be used to inform us about any necessary changes to the registered EFAS users in your organisation.
We hope to welcome many of people from your organization and your personal network to the EFAS v5.0 webinar for further fruitful conversations!